Rise Media’s staff adopted this list of shared values to help illuminate what we’re pursuing and give reporters the mandate to pursue them aggressively and irreverently.
We pressure leaders to solve widely accepted problems and local challenges. To evaluate what those are, we offer this template of our values and concerns.
- Government transparency, open meetings, and accountability.
- A well-informed, well-educated community ready to participate in civic affairs.
- Government agencies that are just, efficient and open.
- Access to quality, affordable healthcare options; including mental health and substance abuse services.
- World class infrastructure that supports free enterprise and job creation.
- High-quality education for all children.
- A robust and inclusive art, food and cultural scene.
- A clean environment and healthy ecosystem.
- Preparations for the long-term challenges of drought and climate change.
As a grassroots project, we are obligated to pursue a mission, not deliver returns to investors, who might earn more if writers chased quarterback controversies or salacious criminal mysteries. Our mission and our values help us keep our focus on the issues and challenges that will define the Walla Walla Valley for decades.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”primary-sidebar”][/vc_column][/vc_row]